Today I will unfold Artificial intelligence and how it affects our terrestrial life.
Table of Content
- Why is AI Important for Humans
- How does Artificial intelligence work
- Tips on Using Artificial Intelligence Effectively
- Relevant Articles
Some of you might be familiar that in the early 20th century, the world was introduced to the concept of AI robots. This started with the “heartless” Tin man from Wizard of Oz and continued with the next-coming sci-fi movies.
The 1950s had already impacted a generation of mathematicians, philosophers, and scientists with this new concept of Artificial Intelligence. One of them was Alan Turing, February 20, 1947, who expressed that “What human-kind wants is a machine that will learn from experience”, a young British mathematician, computer scientist, logician, cryptanalyst, philosopher, theoretical biologist, and nowadays a visionary who explored the possibility of artificial intelligence. He suggested that humans use information and reasoning to solve problems and decide and asked, “Why can’t machines do the same?”.
Before 1949 computers lacked the essential key for intelligence, they could only execute commands and not store them. But in 1956, Allen Newel, Cliff Shaw, and Herbert Simon’s initialized a program named Logic Theorist. It was built to mimic the brain ability of human mathematicians. Therefore, making it a pioneering force in Artificial Intelligence. Although this was a revolutionary step for humanity, the timing wasn’t there yet.
Why is AI Important for Humans
How is AI different from machine learning and deep learning?
ML is a technique to achieve artificial intelligence, and DL in turn, is a subset of machine learning. It provides a machine with the capability to learn from data and experience through algorithms. In contrast, DL does this learning through ways inspired by the human brain; through its data and patterns can be better perceived.
AI is not as obvious as people might think; it is used in smartphones, cars, banking, surveillance, video games, and even social media.
Most people do not even consider how self-driving and parking cars use DL to recognize the space around a car. There are companies that use AI to give cars the ability to see, think, and learn so that they can navigate a countless number of possible driving scenarios.
Elon Musk predicts that the human mind and body will be enhanced by AI implants. We now live in the era of data, and the implementation of Artificial Intelligence has already been very useful in several industries for human beings. It literally is assisting our lives in every area, from emails to getting driving navigations, music recommendations, SEO tools, and lately with conversational AI such as OpenAI playground, ChatGPT, JasperAI, and such.
For example, smart replies provide users with an incredible way to respond to emails with different types of phrases with one click. Besides emails, AI helps with Google searches as well, with Google predictive searches, which is based on data that it collects about you, and then attempts to guess what you might be looking for.
There are countless tools that affect our daily lives and increase our productivity, making our lives easier. Digital assistants help users perform several tasks, such as:
- Searching on the web
- Scheduling your day
- Checking your schedule
- Sending commands for different apps
All this is just a small glance at Artificial Intelligence’s huge impact on our lives.
How does Artificial Intelligence Work
Collecting massive volumes of data is the foundation on which it is based. As this information is evaluated, new understanding, patterns, and insights can be gleaned. The end goal is to make these building pieces and use them in novel situations.
Developing such a system requires cutting-edge ML techniques and top-tier programming, data storage, and server infrastructure. Machine learning, software engineering, and a laser-like concentration on addressing problems all contribute to the accomplishment of particular tasks.
There is a wide variety of artificial intelligence solutions available, from chatbots in customer service applications to complex machine learning systems for large corporations. The scope of the field encompasses a wide variety of technologies, including:
- Weak AI: also known as narrow AI, focuses solely on one task; for example, it can be a maestro in a game and have no ability to play any other game.
- Strong AI: this is only fictional at the moment, as it is supposed to be self-aware and develops emotions, which makes its response unpredictable.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): focuses on enabling computers to understand, interpret, and generate human language; it involves using computational techniques to analyze and process natural language data.
- Deep Learning: as a subfield of ML, focuses on developing artificial neural networks that can learn and make decisions like humans. They use multi-layers of artificial neurons to learn complex variations of data.
- Machine Learning: learns from patterns in data and makes predictions or decisions based on those patterns
Tips on Using Artificial Intelligence Effectively
There have been several fields of artificial intelligence that have been very effective. Most SEO experts, bloggers, Youtubers, TikTokers, and others have been using different tools to increase their productivity, creativity, and motivation.
I would highly recommend using tools such as:
- TubeBuddy – This is a free Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browser extension certified by Youtube. You can see exactly what tags are optimizing SEO within youtube.
- Lightworks – Is used to create high-quality videos.
- Quillbot – Assists you with paraphrasing and grammar errors.
- JasperAI – The best tool to write blogs and articles with.
- ChatGPT – The best chatbot to use for any information you want to obtain (but make sure to fact-check the data provided by the bot, as its data was scraped until 2021).
- Ahrefs – This is an SEO toolset that will immensely affect your website.
- SEMrush – This is also an SEO tool that does your keyword.
- Free AI Content Detector – Will detect your content, and let you know the exact percentage of its human score.
These tools have been game changers for anyone who is involved in creating content for their audience, as well as for those who are heavily engaged in tech. Most of the businesses use these tools or extensions to make it easier for their employees and increase their work performance during their working hours.
To maximize the outcome of these tools, one should always combine them and understand that fact-checking is necessary, as these are tools, and there is always room for error when it comes to manufactured innovations.
In conclusion, we will have to get used to this new era of technology and compromise with it. My experience until now has been positive, and it has only increased my productivity, but this does not mean that I would agree to anything relating to implementable brain-computer interfaces, as this feels just too much.
I recommend you to try out these tools, and let me know what you think about them?